Saturday, March 14, 2009

Video of The Lagoon! :)



G'Day!
I thought that I would put a video on here of The Lagoon. Its a very nice outdoor pool that is about a 30 minute walk from my Uni. The pool is located next to river and has some amazing views around it!! Today I went shopping in town and also picked up tickets to a Cowboys game! (Cowboys are the rugby team from Queensland). They are playing the Melbourne Storm. Tomorrow I am volunteering at the Billabong Sanctuary for my second time. I have no idea what I am going to be doing but I am looking forward to spending the day there on Sunday!
Last night I just had a movie night with some friends. We watched Star Dust in the movie theater on campus -- it was a fun time.
Here are some other fun Aussie things:::
~Passionfruit is popular here, today i had a mango and passionfruit granola bar and have had
passionfruit gelato.
~Some of the classes that I am in have video streaming. There is a James Cook University
campus in Townsville and one in Cairns. Sometimes, my professor is being recorded live
and shown in a classroom in Cairns and for us people in Townsville we get to see a live
recording of the students in Cairns. We can talk with them as well!
~Our student planners are called student diaries
~At one of the residence halls they play a game called 'Cup'. It is a fun game but it can
sometimes leave you frustrated. ;) When you are done with your glass, you can place it
into someone else's glass so they have to put it away. That person can then cup
someone else and so on. Even if your class has just a little bit of liquid in it --- it can still be
cupped, as long an none of it comes out, If the liquid does spill, than the person who did
the cupping that gets to put it away. Also, if you try cupping someone and it tips over, you
have to put it away as well. People end up having to put away a tower of cups!
~On outlets there is a little switch above it to turn on the power
~ All classes here are worth 3 credits

2 comments:

  1. The lagoon is very cool! And I LOVE passionfruit! It's so yummy! I'm not so sure about the cup game...sounds crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cup game is awesome! Keeps you on your toes when you are eating. You would have to experience it, maybe you would change your mind. ;) haha. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete