Wednesday, March 25, 2009

G'Day Sheilas and Blokes!
Not a whole lot is going on at the moment. The last couple of days have involved going to lectures and hanging out with friends. The rest of the this week will be good though!
Tomorrow I am going to the club at our university with some friends. It is only open until midnight but it still makes for an enjoyable thursday night! On Friday night there is pub crawl for our residence hall. A bus is taking us to a few bars in town and we are supposed to be dressed up as movie characters. I am going to dress up as Frankenstein. (pictures will soon follow....) I am going to have one of my friends do my hair, which I am a little scared for but oh well, it should make for a fun evening! Saturday night the Cowboys rugby game!! It will be their third game and it is against our arch rivals, the Melbourne Storm. We have won the first two games --- with the last one being a butt kicking! 42-14! If any of you are interested in the team or rygby in general, you can go to the following website:
http://www.cowboys.com.au/
Then on Sunday I will be volunteering at Billabong. I am really looking forward to it!! :)
Here are some other Aussie things...
Nappies = Diapers
You dont know when your finals are until later in the semester.
Stores close pretty early. For example the bookstore on campus closes at 4:30.
I cant seem to find folders for school... its all just binders and such.
Queensland doesnt have daylight savings time.
pitchers of beer are called jugs
grass is a lot thicker here
when i was at the grocery store the eggs were out on the shelves with the other food, not in a cooler or anything
granola bars are called muesli bars

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun! I really dig the music you have on here now! A little bit of everything....!

    ReplyDelete