Monday, February 09, 2009

G'Day from Cairns, Australia!!

I have been in Australia for over a day and a half now. Once I arrived at my hotel I showered and pretty much slept for the rest of the day!! Lets just saw that the plane ride really took a toll on me! In about an hour I get to meet up with my AustraLearn group and we are going to go over some things about our orientation in Cairns and figure out what we will be doing over the next few days. We are going to be snorkling in the Great Barrier Reef, visitng a zoo and an aboriginal park. After my four days here I am going to my University where I will have an orientation week before school starts and then its off to studying!! After my semester I am going to traveling along the eastern coast of Australia down to Sydney, where I will be leaving the country July 7th. Things are already different here! For one, you drive on the opposite side of the road and there are no yellow lines.. just white ones everyone! There are roundabouts and people drive on the right side of the car, instead of the left like we do! I walked down to the beach today and saw some pelicans and mudskippers! I am really looking forward to seeing a koala or kangaroo though!! :) When I was at the beach it started to rain... which was not too fun. Thank goodness the walk ways have overhangs so I didnt get as wet. Well, I have a group meeting coming up soon! Wish you all the best!! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment