Monday, June 01, 2009

Food.... Aussie Style!

Tonight to dinner I had some "fairy bread". It is popular among kids (and even with some college students). :) Basically it is white bread, non-toasted, with butter and 'hundreds and thousands' on top, or as we know them, sprinkles.
Another fairy term that Aussies use is fairy floss.... which is cotton candy. I like the term fairy floss, gives the treat a more interesting name.
Not a fan of vegemite but I may have to give it another go before I leave to see if my taste buds have changed.
What I think is interesting is one of my friends has never had a PB&J sandwich! Peanut butter isnt nearly as big as it is in the states and our aussie friends make fun of us from all of the different ways we use it like on apples and in ice cream.
What is good here is pumpkin soup. It is pumpkin squash that they use, not Halloween pumpkins.
Wednesday is the first State of Origin game!! I am pumped for it! :) It should be a good time. :) :)
Take care everyone! Talk to you later ~
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment