Thursday, May 07, 2009

Line Outs, Scrums and Tackles, OH MY!

Boys playing against Uni Hall
Picture of a line out. I think that would be so uncomfortable....
Scrum.
Posing like a scrum.
Jess 'tackling' me.


G'Day Everyone!
Sorry that is has been a while since I have last written. Papers have been taking over my life lately. I volunteered at the Billabong Sanctuary on Saturday. The way that we go through the sanctuary to take care of the animals in the morning was changed a little -- so it was nice to get something a little different. I usually work with the nocturnal animals, mainly dealing with various birds, but they addded the dingos to the track as well! So I got to go into their cage. :) It is weird cause they are so tame, it seems like they are your own pets. I found out that it is illegal to breed them in Queensland though. I also got to hold a black headed python. I love holding snakes, they are so awesome!
Last night was our last rugby game before we go into the finals. The boys won 4 of their 5 games and the girls have won 5 of the 6. We got to play an extra game for some reason.... We dont have any games next week but then our finals start up. I am really hoping that our residence hall can get the Fisher Shield! It is the recognition that you get when you win in the finals against the other residence halls. Last night we played against my friends in Uni hall. It was a fun game and I enjoyed hanging out with my Uni hall friends afterwards.
On friday I am going to Magnetic Island to the Full Moon Party. Everytime there is a full moon the island has a party on the Friday that is closest to that night. There is a band or a DJ there and you just dance and party. On Saturday we are going to hike around the island and hopefully spot some wild koalas!! :)
Hope that all is well with everyone! Take much care and I will try to update this more often.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having so much fun! I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back.

    ReplyDelete