Sunday, May 31, 2009

Classes end.... the semester is nearly over... :(

Skink that was hanging around in the shower.
Got ya! He is pretty sweet looking.
Let him go outside my room.
Walking back to GR on the last day of class!



My classes ended on Friday of last week. It was a pretty easy day, just had one class --- it was three hours long and we gave presentations on the projects that we developed and did research on. This was for my rainforest ecology class. We went to Paluma for a weekend to do research. My group wanted to see how vessel diameter changed in a species of vine called Pothos longipes when being compared to the number of branches it had. It was pretty interesting because we found that once the vine had branches, the vessel diameter in the vines was a lot greater. Once the vine estabolished branches and added them in number, the diameter didnt change that much. It was just the jump from having no branches to branches that made the difference.
Right now I am working on a paper for one of my classes. It is due tomorrow night. I will be so happy once it is done. It had A LOT of data analysis. It is from my Australia Vertebrate Fauna class from when we had our Undara Fieldtrip. We have to analyze and interpret the data we have about the animals we collected in relation to vegetation and habitat type.
This week is our week to study and then we have 2 weeks for finals. My first final doesnt occur until next Friday, so I have plenty of time to study for that. Then I have my other finals after that. I will be leaving sometime on the weekend of the 19th to begin my journey towards Sydney (by stopping in Brisbane and Byron Bay along the way!!).
Today I found a skink by my shower! I was so excited that I got my camera and caught him and brought him outside. (Attached are some pictures)
Hope that all is going well --- take much care everyone!
Bobbi

1 comment: