Thursday, April 09, 2009

Chocolate Bunnies AND! Chocolate Bilbies!


Easter is right around the corner and Aussie stores are getting ready for the celebration with assortments of chocolate! One of them that I thought was really interesting was their "Chocolate Bilby" - related to bandicoots. I saw it Woolworths, 'Woolies' for the Aussie slang, and had to take a picture! Rabbits are an introduced species in Oz.
I have a long weekend! We have friday off and monday. It is nice because I have 2 papers to write for Tuesday. On Saturday I am volunteering at the Billabong Sanctuary and on Sunday I am going to church with a friend and then see if the Flinder's Street Market is open for Easter Sunday. We are also planning on going to The Strand to hit up the beach! It should be a good easter weekend.
Here are some more random Aussie terms:
Tosser - jerk
whipper snipper - weed wacker
nappies - diapers
car park, parks - parking lot, parking spot
arvo - afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment